5 Ways to Survive the Holidays on a Budget
It’s the end of October which means the holidays are creeping up on us. Halloween is in a few days. This always makes me think? Hmm. We wait all year for the Summer season to get here. In all reality it only lasts about two months or what feels like a millisecond. Then the holidays come and the stress starts. Did you know that winter is the time of year depression hits an all time high?
I recently received this year’s Target Holiday Gift Guide. That is when my mouth hit the floor. It hit me. This year has flown by. In between getting married in March and just everyday life I didn’t even think that the holidays would creep up on me.
We are going on vacation the first week of December. When get back, there won’t be that much time left until its Christmas. Thinking about this STRESSES ME OUT. Even though I am a budget fashion and lifestyle blogger… I shouldn’t be stressed out right? I decided to follow my own advice that I give to you, my readers.
Top five ways to budget during the holidays:
- Do not go with the first deal you find. Cyber Monday or even Black Friday doesn’t always have the best deal. The same place that offers the Cyber Monday or Black Friday sale MIGHT have a better deal afterwards.
- Check your sales ads and online shops. If you’re a department store shopper Sunday is the day to pick up weekly coupon offers for those types of sales. Subscribe to your favorite shops’ newsletters too, you’ll find good deals there.
- Have a beauty lover on your list? You can always gift subscriptions. These are great to have! Are you or someone you know a fan of Ulta and like to purchase drugstore makeup at the same time? You can use manufacturer coupons. Also checkout different places like Sephora, Ulta, Sally Beauty Supply etc for the price differences. Lastly, Tj Maxx & Marshalls sells great beauty products, even Anastasia, brushes and skin care.
- Checkout online boutiques. They often have great kids, beauty, home, men and women styles for less.
- DIY. There is nothing wrong with do it yourself. If you are into sewing or crafting this comes in handy! Sewing your favorite handbag, outfit, scarf etc. We all have a that Pinterest obsession monster in us, bring it out this holiday season and save a few bucks.
These are ONLY five ways to get through the holidays on a budget. I would love to hear the different ways you budget to help you get through Christmas. Please comment below with your tips and tricks. ❤